After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear a song typified as “The most intellectually satisfying pop song ever written”. We’re going to hear a band with two Ottaviano (last name) are they are not related . . . and we’re going to hear a song based on a novel by Earnest Hemmingway. You’ll hear all of that and more in this edition of IA8T.
1. Pat Benatar – Wuthering Heights
2. Book Of Love – I Touch Roses
3. The Police – Don’t Stand So Close To Me
4. Fiction Factory – (Feels Like) Heaven
5. Olivia Newton John – Xanadu
6. The Sundays – I Kicked A Boy
Connection: The Sundays
7. The Sundays – Can’t Be Sure
8. Metallica – For Whom The Bell Tolls
9. Elvis Costello – Everyday I Write The Book
10. Mr. Mister – Broken Wings
11. Greg Kihn – The Break Up Song (The Don’t Write ‘Em)
12. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Welcome To The Pleasuredome
Be sure to vote for your favorite song or set at Mixcloud or https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/